BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho, It's Back to Work I Go....

The Seven Dwarves always seemed so excited to go to work each morning with their dancing march and their whistled tunes. On Friday, I was the exact opposite. Granted I was excited to see everyone and show them that I am doing okay, but getting back to actual work...ugh. Luckily enough, Friday was our end of the year meeting and Holiday Luncheon so it was not too bad. Jason drove me to work that morning and my stomach was literally in knots from nerves. I did not know what to expect. I really took everything I had to get out of the car and walk inside. Once I got to my floor, everything looked exactly the same. Even my cube looked like no time had ever passed. Those who stopped by offered words of encouragement and welcome backs. The day passed pretty quickly but I was immediately reminded of the stress of being in corporate America these days. Everyone looks tired and I guess I didn't real notice until I was away for a bit.

Monday is really the ultimate test as it is back to the actual work. I was able to check out my email inbox which read 548 new messages. I guess that is less than I was expecting but still a lot of chatter to work through. I have to remember to tell myself to just take each task one at a time and not get overloaded. The last thing I need right now is a lot of unnecessary stress. I was just given the chance to fix my broken heart, can't let anything destroy it now.

The phrase of the day that really welcomed me back was "Try to enjoy the holidays, but remember to work hard for that profit." I really do hope my coworkers and everyone else out there can enjoy the holiday season. Take time to celebrate traditions and enjoy moments with family and friends. It is the one time a year set aside to laugh and enjoy life. Even in these hard economic times, work will always be there. The job really never ends, so don't miss out on the events in life that make everything worthwhile. I wish corporate America would follow other cultures that believe and practice "Work to live, not live to work..."

No comments:

Post a Comment